If a deactivated user has a restricted personal space, can an admin recover the information in the personal space, in case there is any information in that space of critical importance to the company?
Yes, you can, if you have sufficient permissions. Just go to:
https://<YOURS>.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/listpermissionpages.action?key=<KEY>
There you will find the Restricted Pages tab. Once there, click on the Lock icon to Remove Restrictions from the desired page.
Hope it helps.
What is <KEY>?
and what is <YOURS>? Are you directing us to that person's personal space or a generic admin page?
<YOURS> is the site identifier, like https://companyname.atlassian.net, that was set up at the beginning.
When cleaning up I encountered that even with Sys admin privileges I wasn't able to recover permissions from the Space Permissions screen.
Thus I came up with this litte JS-hack to trigger "Recover" for those personal spaces anyways:
function recover(spaceKey) { $.post('/admin/permissions/grantspacepermissions.action', {'atl_token': $('meta[name=ajs-atl-token]').attr('content'), 'spaceKey': spaceKey}, function(data) {console.log(data)} )}
Just open the JS console when logged in and call the recover function with the spaceKey, e.g. recover('~yours') - now you can do to that space what needs to be done.
Thanks. This almost worked. For cloud version you probably need to prepend `/wiki` or whatever is your path to Confluence.
Two years later, I googled my own answer (cause I had forgotten about it) and it still worked like a charm ...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.