whenever i highlight something to post in a confluence doc, an annoying 'Ask Rovo' popup happens. how can i get rid of it?
Hi @Cobus Linde ,
Short answer probably is - you cannot You would need to disable Rovo entirely to disable this when highlighting text.
There's a feature request related to floating menu, which would then be related to what you're asking: CONFCLOUD-81716: Ability to disable floating menu options/selection toolbar when text is highlighted I'd suggest leaving a vote and comment on that one 👀
There's also this one that requests more granular controls when it comes to specific AI/Rovo features: ROVO-152: Separate options to enable Atlassian Intelligence and Rovo
Cheers,Tobi
Hi @Cobus Linde
This is not possible. Rovo is a part of your subscription plan and you can't hide it.
Regards,
Seba
Cool, thanks.. Didn't expect anything different from an Atlassian productBack to the 1000 papercuts I receive each day when using JIRA, Bitbucket, etc*edit: oh wow, wonderful.. "First Answer Posted" badge! this makes me forget all about how rubbish JIRA is
It's ridiculous that this can't be cancelled. Why would any developer present a constantly infuriating and distracting pop-up right in the user's eyeline with no option to remove it? I do not need or want AI recommendations every time I select a word to apply a color - or at any other time when using Confluence. This type of poor decision-making and UI/UX design incompetence is unbelievable.
The pop-up is distracting us from writing or reading our content. I would expect that enabling that focus would be Atlassian's main objective.
The request is not to disable Rovo, but to disable the pop-up. It is good for an introduction to a feature, but not afterwards. We have brains and remember after the million times Confluence popped up this message on how to activate Rovo or insert an element, if we want to.
This should not be a feature request and should be fixed immediately. To see why, please see: https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Confluence-questions/how-can-i-get-rid-of-the-Ask-Rovo-popup/qaa-p/3170226#M352936
You would need to disable Rovo entirely to disable this when highlighting text.
It would be nice when that were true, but sadly it isn't.
Even after disabling 'everything AI' in the Administration for Confluence, I still have this 'Ask Rovo' thing, wasting UI space and user focus.
This also constitutes a bug.
But maybe I missed some config setting, since they're distributed over a zillion pages. I'd like to know how to completely, ultimately, and utterly disable Rovo (and other unasked-for stuff).
@Michiel I just tested it on one of our demo instances.
The button (and everything related to Rovo) should be gone if you:
End result is 👇
Par for the course for Atlassian, I'm afraid.
this thing is really annoying when you make a large selection, the rovo thing pops up and your selection is wiped only leaving the top line selected
This REALLY needs to be something Atlassian focuses on. There are a LOT of people who want the ability to remove this EXTREMELY ANNOYING popup, myself included.It is not saving me time. It is costing time. It is constantly getting in the way of what I'm doing and offering zero help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.