Hi Jira Community,
I'm somewhat new to Jira, but I'm working on an integration between Adobe Workfront and Jira.
I wanted to validate some AI feedback with regard to potential automation limitations when using team-managed spaces vs. company-managed.
AI says using company-managed allows for more automation and integration capabilities, while you lose a bunch of this with team-managed:
Team-managed projects have limited API control compared to company-managed. You won't be able to apply your custom screen schemes, field configurations, etc.
- Project Admins would have to manually add the Workfront custom fields within every Space they create.
Team-managed projects are completely separate from company-managed infrastructure. They:
- Have their own simplified field system
- Have their own simplified workflow editor
- Cannot inherit or use company-managed schemes
- Are configured individually per project in the UI
If this is true, a big issue is that we lose bi-directional syncing between systems because we can't store Workfront record IDs in the appropriate Jira records. It would only be uni-direction (WF > Jira).
Is this accurate?
Thanks!
Nick