I'm still pretty new to this so apologies if I missed something obvious
I get that events in a calendar are displayed according to user time zone - that's great and exactly what we want
Let me start with my problem
I'm making a calendar for my team, and we work internationally. New Years Day in Japan is Dec 31st (mostly) on the West Coast US. So I need a way to create events in different time zones, like "JPN | New Year's Day" 12a-12p on 01/01 in JST, and display that accurately for the user, which for us would be something like "JPN | New Year's Day" 7a 12/31 - 7a 01/01, assuming the user is set to PST time zone.
I can create new calendars in different time zones. What I'm struggling with is creating an event in the same time zone as the calendar I'm adding the event to, and NOT the time zone of the user. There just doesn't seem to be a way to do it? If I create an event on a calendar set to a different time zone, the time zone of all new events are always set to my time zone and not the time zone of the calendar that it's on. Doesn't that make the calendar time zone virtually useless?
I can theoretically convert everything manually. It's just a lot lengthier of a process. And I have a long list of holidays in many different countries