Hello,
I'm really hoping that someone out here has accomplished something similar to what I'm trying to do.
I am easily able to reduce time on Task B if a spike task (Task A) is created. This works perfectly. I was then asked if it was possible to put time back to Task B if Task A time was reduced.
Scenario: I create a Spike and I estimate the time will be 4 hours. I was able to complete that spike in 2 hours. So I update my original estimate on my spike from 4 to 2 hours.
I'd like automation to add those 2 hours back to Task B.
The best I've been able to do is add All of the Time tracking time to Task B.
I reduce Task A from 4h to 2h, the remaining time is still 4h. The automation will add 4hours to Task B. Great, some success.
It doesn't seem to matter what variables or logging I create, it's never capturing the 2 hours I reduced.
I have tried so many variations. I've learned a whole lot more about Jira automation. This has been great!
I've deleted all of my tests out of frustration. :-)
Again, very hopeful that someone has been able to do this and will hopefully suggest some answers. Thank you!