I have a workflow that relies on users being able to click a button marked "Escalate" and pick their reason for doing so. The workflow then automagically returns the case to its original state before the escalation (In Progress, On Hold etc etc). This all works fabulously. I have an automation which notifies the appropriate stakeholders when an escalation is made, and the reason chosen. That is also fine.
What I need to do however, is keep those stakeholders informed of the progress of that ticket once they have been informed about it the first time, and part of that, is to notify them where there are later status changes, including later escalations. And this is where I need help.
I do not want to inform the stakeholders about that item moving from to or from the escalated state itself. The reason for the escalation is important, but not that status specifically. I tried originally setting it
This prevents any email being sent for a case going IN to Escalation as a status, but does not prevent it sending when the item exits the Escalation status again.
I tried at one point to put in a condition that said it could go FROM any status except Escalation TO any other status except Escalation, and that made the rule refuse to run at all.
I just need to make sure it totally ignores that hop from and to the Escalation status in the workflow and I am out of ideas. And I know I am over my quote of "Call yourself a Jira Admin?!" questions for the week, but honestly, I am running on fumes at this point.