Hi Team,
I have a question about Change request work type. I know that this will be removed from Standard plan on Nov 15th and the thing is that we will not to upgrade to Premium Plan. What would be the best approach to still use the workflow for Change requests and not to lose any requests opened/closed until now?
Hi Mariusz,
The changeover should not affect Work Types that currently exist - in other words they would not be deleted. They are just work types that anyone can create with that name. My suspicion is that the templates and built-in workflows for that functionality will not be available for new projects created after the changeover, but it should not delete what you have.
Hi @Mariusz Mika , I contacted Atlassian Support a while back about this, and @John Funk is correct that your work types will not be affected. In their explanation of this change, Atlassian says:
...existing request types, work types, and workflows for changes will not be deleted; instead, the associated request types will become unassigned and the work items will move into the “All Queues” section of the project navigation. While the change management workflow features are no longer accessible in the Standard plan, the underlying data and requests remain available for reference."
You can get more clarification and info at this page, I'm on Standard Plan as well and it was helpful for me when we renewed and lost these features: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-and-reschedule-change-requests-in-the-change-calendar/ . Good luck!
@Susan Waldrip Thank you for your response and as I understand you correctly, the existing form for Change request available in the portal for customer stays the same? Once the customer raise a Change request this will follow the same workflow, and this case will be put in All Queues? Where is this "All Queues" located? I have removed this Change management feature from my TEST project and I do not see all these CR's in any queue. The only change I see is that this request type went to Unassigned request types
My main concern is, what do I need to do in order to have clear visibility to all existing cases and these raise in the future? Do you have any screenshot presenting when they are going to be located after Change management feature removal?
Hi @Mariusz Mika , I re-read your original question and wanted to make sure you know that the "Change" Work TYPE isn't going away, only the "Change" Work CATEGORY. That's why the requests that were in your "Change" Work Category were moved to the "Unassigned" Work Category.
To move the existing requests out of the "Unassigned" Work Category, you need to assign the "Create a Change Request" Request Type to a different Work Category, such as "Service requests" (that's where I keep my "Change" Work Type requests).
The easiest way to do this is:
1. Space (Project) settings > Request management > Request types > Service requests.
2. Click the Assign request type button (upper right of the screen).
3. Check the "Create a Change Request" Request Type checkbox and click Continue. You'll see the Work Type for this Request Type change to "[System] Service request".
4. Click Confirm. Note that this action will add fields to your screens that you may not want, so you'll have to remove them from your Field Configuration Scheme and/or Work Item Screen Scheme screens (Create, Edit, and/or Edit/View).
You should get a fly-in message saying "Your request types have been assigned. You'll find them in the Service requests section of the request types page."
The "Create a Change Request" Request Type should now be assigned to the "Service request" Work Category, and all the work items (requests) that Atlassian moved to the "Unassigned" Work Category should now be under the "Service request" Work Category and available in the queues.
Let us know if that works!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.