Hello, I'm using the new public forms and running into some issues since it doesn't give you the ability to map the submitters email to a custom field and instead adds it to a comment on the issue it creates when submitted.
I created JIRA automation to parse a comment that is created from a submitted form in order to extract the email and then use actions to update the custom field to track the email, and lastly send a confirmation email to the person acknowledging we received the request.
My issue is that the automation fails when submitting the form as it says to provide an email recipient. The automation extracts the email from the comment but during a form submission this seems to fail. If I repeat the comment manually after the issue is created the automation works perfectly.
I've done triggers when a field changes, and also when a work item is commented. I've done delays, refetch data, log actions but have not been able to get this working when submitting the public form. I hope someone has done something similar and can over some advice. Thank you!
The forms I'm using.

I'm using {{issue.comments.last.body.substringAfter("Email address: ")}} to extract the email from the comment. the comments are added to the issue like below
"This work item was created based on someone's response to a Jira form.
Hertz CRM | Form
Email address: john.doe@test.com"
I'm using {{issue.comments.last.body.substringBetween("mailto:", "]")}} to set the variable in the rule as I only want the basic email address (without this it was adding john.doe@test.com | mail to: john.doe@test.com)


Failure Log on form submission

Successful log when triggered directly in JIRA
