Hi all,
If I copy a board, would the orignal owner and myself be the admins of the new board?
@Carolina Castro - hi Carolina!
When you copy a board, the same set of board Administrators will carry to the copy.
I just tested this with a board attached to a company-managed Jira space.
Hi @Carolina Castro Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
When you copy a board in Jira, the new board’s administrator will be you (the person who copied it) the original board owner won’t automatically be added as an admin of the copied board.
If you want both of you to manage it, you’ll need to manually go to Board settings → Administrators and add the original owner (or anyone else) as an admin.
Hope that helps clarify how it works!
Can you try copying a board in your Jira instance and seeing if the admins copy over?
In Jira Cloud, the board admins carry over to the copy.
Thanks to both. I have the Free Jira version and capabilities are not fully given.
I'm studying for the ACP-620 exam and I also found that the test might consider older information as correct.
I'm not sure what would apply in this case.
@Carolina Castro - I also tested on a Free Jira instance, and the behavior is as I described... are you seeing something different?
Atlassian's exams are updated regularly. You should expect to be tested on the latest functionality. (If during an exam you see a question with no obvious current answer, you can submit feedback via the exam app.)
Ok. AI had me confused but it makes sense too.
Thanks Dave and Anthony.
Yes, correct!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.