✅ Body
I’m setting up an automation in Jira Service Management (Assets) to send notifications before the warranty expiration of assets.
Each asset object has an attribute called "User", which is a user-type attribute linked to a Jira user.
My goal is to send an email to the user specified in this attribute when the warranty is about to expire.
However, when I try to use {{lookupObjects.User.emailAddress}} in the automation rule, it fails with an error.
What I have tried:
- Used the Lookup Objects action to find assets whose warranty is expiring soon.
- Attempted to reference the email address of the user in the "User" attribute, but it does not work.
Questions:
- How can I correctly send an email to the Jira user stored in the "User" attribute of an asset object?
- Is it possible to display the user's email address in the email body using smart values?
Environment:
- Jira Service Management Cloud
- Assets (formerly Insight)
- Using Jira Automation for notifications