Hi Community,
I'm trying to create an automation rule in Confluence (Cloud) that sends an email when a page is edited, and I need to include the latest content changes to the page from within the email body using smart values.
Here's how I've configured the rule:
Issue:
I'm unable to find a suitable inline smart value that captures the specific content difference between the previous page version and the newly saved version. The available smart values seem focused on metadata like author updates, page status.
What I've tested/found:
I can successfully send an email on Page edited.
I can retrieve metadata like the editor's name, the page title, and the update time using smart values.
Question:
Is there a hidden or undocumented smart value (e.g., something like {{update.diff}} or {{content.changes}}) that captures the latest content changes made to a page during an edit, suitable for inclusion in an email?
Any workaround or alternative suggestion to achieve this goal of sending the actual content changes/diff to other teams via an automation email?
Thanks in advance!