I’m trying to set up a new workflow in Jira Service Management that requires approvals when an issue reaches a certain status.
In the Manage Workflow page, I selected the status I want to configure, but the “Include approval step” checkbox no longer appears.
According to this help article (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-an-approval-to-a-workflow/), the option should be available as long as there are at least two transitions configured for that status — which I’ve already verified.
I also tried adding a rule on the transition using “Block transition until approval”, but that doesn’t work for my use case, since we’re not connecting our DevOps environment to Jira and there aren’t any additional configuration options to define who the approvers are.
What’s odd is that my existing active workflows (created over a year ago) still show the approval setup properly — this seems to only be an issue when creating a new workflow from scratch.
Has anyone else run into this recently? Is there a new way to configure approval steps in the latest Jira Service Management updates, or is this a known issue/bug?