We have been using JSM projects for our internal employee only help desks. We are now creating a new helpdesk for external users and I am needing some baseline fact checking of a few things before I proceed.
Project Access Changes to Current Projects
I found that three of our projects were set to "Open" while all the others were set to "Restricted". I can go swap the other three to restricted, but I will need to add the appropriate groups as service desk customers to current employees maintain their access to those portals. Our other projects use an "All Staff" Atlassian group that is synced up with our IdP, so we would do the same here.
The question: If I add that group to the project with the service desk customer role, will that trigger the "Customer Invited" email?
I don't want to send an email to 250+ users and potentially confusion a bunch of employees.
Customer Access & Allowing Customers to Create Accounts
These are settings we previously all had off as our desks were internal only projects for our employees. With this new external facing project, I would assume I need to check the option for External account types and set the radio option to allow customers to create accounts.
This is where we found those other three project permission items mentioned previously.
The question: With all other projects set to Restricted and this new one set to Open, will external users only be able to see/sign up for the open project?
Our primary intake for this new project is going to be email, so we want to make sure accounts can be created automatically, but silo all of this to just this one project.