Hi everyone!
My question is the title, what is copied when doing a clone for an issue. We need to define some custom fields to not be copied while cloning in our project.
All the info in the community points towards that being not possible without plugins or a rule that change the issue once the clone it is done.
But then, the only official documentation I could find about cloning in Jira cloud:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/clone-an-issue/
Says :
"In the cloning process, some information from the original work item isn’t automatically cloned but can be included:
"
Which I do not understand. My custom fields are copied, I do not seem to be able to set up if the custom fields are or not cloned and also says the contrary of what it is said in the community.
Anyone has any insight about it? Any way to define fields to not be cloned without plugins/automation rules?
Thanks beforehand!!