what kind of nonsense is this?
Welcome @Zack Maxwell
There was an announcement and the general change of the terminology here: https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-articles/Jira-Spaces-have-landed/ba-p/3117620
Why it was done? Personally, I liked projects more rather than spaces. Atlassian is the one making and applying the decisions.
Hi Zack - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Well, there will be nonsense in the world, so why not have the best kind of nonsense - Atlassian nonsense? :-)
Seriously, I preferred Projects as well. But that was confusing for a lot of people as Jira doesn't really implement this as a Project but more like a Team or a Product as there is no identified Start and End date. Epics serve that function more.
We use Jira Projects for two distinct collections of work:
Whether this make sense really depends on how you use Jira.
@Dwight Holman I agree with this.
I think there is an additional driving force behind the terminology change. In Confluence, the similar "container" has always been called "space", and I think over the long run Atlassian may want to make Jira (structured info) and Confluence (unstructured info) very "similar" to each other (or even merge them).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.