Hi Everyone,
I have created a couple of automations in connection with "Days In Status" information requirement
Automation #1. At every WorkItem transition, I am capturing the date on which the WorkItem was moved to the said Status - I'm storing this value in a CustomField (say InStatusSince). Simultaneously I'm setting the value of another CustomField (DaysInStatus) to 0.
Automation #2. Everyday at 8:30 hrs, I have scheduled another Automation that calculates the days from "InStatusSince" and stores the value in DaysInStatus. Needless to say, this Rule runs only once a day for all the Open WorkItems.
Considering the no. of Open WorkItems and continuous communication between Agent and Customer, the Automation #1 Rule runs very frequently, around 300 times a day.
Now, with Atlassian's Rule Run limit of 5,000 per month, it's not possible to let Automation #1 run because this Rule itself will need approx. 9,000 executions. In other words, with the current pace, my Rule Run limit of 5,000 will get exhausted within a week, because other Automations also consume the executions.
Please suggest if there's a way to optimize / override the Automation #1 with any other, or any other feature / field / automation to achieve the said functionality of DaysInStatus...
Best regards,
Ashraf B