New to Atlassian and evaluating Jira and was planning to adopt the Premium Teams collection. I am starting just with Jira and want to use Goals, but I am finding Jira one of the flakiest bits of (enterprise potential) software I have used for a long time.
Do other people have this experience? I have invited the users, they have gone through the sign up, but on the User directory, they still show as invited (as opposed to active). They are active working users. This is four or five hours after they have completed their activation (incase it is laggy).
I added an active user to goals, and they appeared in the list of users with access to Goals. Suddenly they are no longer on that list - they appear to have lost access - no changes to groups, spaces or any other setting.
There are actually an endless number of weird quirks in the way this software works for me. Is this a common experience, or (1) am I doing something wrong, or (2) is it such a complex (or poorly designed admin interface) that I need to invest many, many more hours simply getting it set up? On the other hand - it is not just me - why are users still showing as invited when they have gone through the whole process of accepting and still not showing as active?
My planned approach was to start with the most simple Jira set up, five users, a small number of spaces and to build up from there. I do realise that this is complex and scalable software but if every single config process is hard to implement, requires repeated attempts and possibly even access to support, it is not going to work for my organisation.
Any thoughts or shared experiences from others would be welcome.