I'm collaborating with one of our ServiceNow engineers to switch our ServiceNow/Jira integration from basic authentication to an OAuth 2.0 Atlassian Service Account credential.
I've read all the docs on the Atlassian side, which focus only on how to create the credential (trivial). I have provided the Client ID, Client Secret, CloudID, and these URLs:
My counterpart with ServiceNow keep reporting they are not able to authenticate with Jira. Based on what I see, the ServiceNow documentation was written before Atlassian introduced Service Accounts, which makes it difficult for me to help them connect their dots.
My questions are simple: Has anyone successfully used Atlassian's OAuth 2.0 Service Account credentials with ServiceNow? At this point, I doubt it. But if so: What was the trick to getting it to work?
FINAL UPDATE: Others at our org were able to eventually make this work. I have no further information to share about what made the difference, sorry.