I am not able to see projects under site. I think it is linked to confluence. I do not want to use confluence but I think I mistakenly chose it so I am not sure how to unlink it. I am pretty noob at using Jira. Can somebody help me in figuring out how to get project instead of spaces. I tried creating new instance(site) and still it shows the same for new site as well
Hello @heysanyuktahere
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
This is a terminology change by Atlassian. Projects are now called "Spaces".
Refer to:
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-articles/Evolving-Jira-terminology-Projects-will-soon-be-Spaces/ba-p/3034977
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-articles/Jira-Spaces-have-landed/ba-p/3117620
Hi Sanyukta,
Atlassian has renamed Projects to Spaces like they did recently with Issues to Work Items. So just use the Spaces like you used to use Projects.
Atlassian are updating a lot of their terminology, what was formerly "Projects" is now "Spaces", see: https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-articles/Jira-Spaces-have-landed/ba-p/3117620
It can be confusing, especially if you are part of a business that uses both, but I doubt they will be rolling this change back. Everything should still work the same as though, just now renamed, and old JQL filters or automations will still work if they reference "project".
Thanks a ton! @Trudy P Claspill
Thanks @John Funk
Thanks @Thomas Brennan
You are welcome!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.