I have a confluence account associated with my Princeton email. (I also have an account associated with my personal gmail address.) I think this was the first time I ever tried to login on my iPhone. I'd gotten an email (to my PU email) saying a user edited one of my confluence pages and I wanted to take a quick look.
Tapping the link in the email, I got a message saying that my personal email didn't have access, so I tapped the "Log in to another account" button. I entered my PU email and tapped the "continue" button. It immediately advanced to an error about another PU email account (that I manage - not the PU email address I'd entered) not having access.
I don't understand why atlassian is referencing this other email address for which I've never created an Atlassian account. I was never prompted to enter the password I have for atlassian for that PU email and I was not redirected to the ISO login. And there seems no way to tell it, "hey, the email you're complaining about is not the one I entered!". I even tried clearing cookies/caches, etc, and it still gives me the same error.
The only way I was able to login was to create a private tab. Then, when I enter my PU email, it immediately goes to the ISO login without complaining about that other PU account I manage.
I don't want to have to use a private tab, because then I have to login every time. What is the problem?