I keep seeing answers in the community that include using an Action in an automation that is lookup issues with JQL. When I click on Action, there is nothing I can find that says lookup issues or use JQL or anything like that. Where is it??
Hey Deseymour,
So you don't see something like this?
If not, please share what you see.
Yes, I see that. I guess I was just hoping I was doing something wrong when I picked that one and that there was another one called lookup using JQL or something. I have been trying to set up the date steps from the following...but when I get to the Action, it won't let me validate or click Next when I put the text he has listed. I thought maybe I was not using the right action...I'm adding a screenshot of where I am in this process in case you have any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong.
Move the Lookup work items action to the main line, not under the branch.
You can't validate the query because it uses a Smart value.
Then add your Edit work item action under the parent.
Run that and you should be able to see which work items are being returned from the lookupIssues.
Well, I got it to work for the due date, but it has an error ("We encountered multiple fields with the same name and type: 0 Start Date) for the start date. Is there a certain field I should use other than just Start Date which is what I have in my lookup? I have Jira Cloud Premium in case that's important and I am doing this on a company managed project.
Please post your comments in line with this thread so that other readers can follow the conversation.
The multiple fields show up because they have been added to various Team-managed projects. This is a reason that I very much dislike Team-managed projects.
For the short term at least, try to change the name of the field so that it has a period at the end or : or something like so you can tell the difference. Then select that one in the rule.
I'm sorry, I thought I was replying in line. How odd.
I am using a company managed project (I don't like the team managed ones either). Any ideas of why I would get that error when using a company managed project?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.