My organization is on Jira Cloud. I am newly support a project and found that the items marked as Done (status) are not set to resolved, nor do they have a resolution date. I want to update the transition to done, but cannot find the post functions.
Hello @Marianne Miller
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
The first question we need to ask is what type of project are you using? Get that information by clicking on the ... button next to the project name in the panel on the left.
Next, can you provide a screen image of the interface you are using to try to modify the workflow? There is an "old" editor and a "new" editor for workflows and it will help us give you the right directions if we know which editor you are using.
my space is company managed and is using a custom workflow for just this project. I can't find the transition, but don't see the post function to add the resolution step.
sorry - duplicate
Thank you for that screen image @Marianne Miller . That is the "new" workflow editor.
Click the "+" next to Rules in the panel on the right to get to the new interface for adding Conditions, Validators, and Post functions.
Or, click the ... in the upper right corner to get an option to switch to the "old" editor.
In the new editor you would add a Rule, and select from the Perform Actions options. In my screen image above you can see in the panel on the right I already have the Perform Action > Update an issue field, using that to set the Resolution.
Trudy, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.