I go to Agile>project and then click backlog but the sprint button is not even there.... Please advise...
Look at the query for the board (Board-> Configure) and ensure that the sorting by RANK has not been removed accidentally
Are you a project admin?
Yes I am the administrator of the entire site
Still need to be a project admin, in the perm scheme. If you are then it should be there..
ok how do i make myself the project admin?
Depends how you have the permission scheme setup.. if you are using project roles.. associate yourself to the project role that is associated to the project adminpermission scheme... or just drop your name on the project administrator section at the top of the scheme. I'm guessing you have created a SCRUM board and you can see a list of issues in the backlog.. once you have dragged the issues into a sprint you can start it..
You need to be a project administrator in order to create sprints in your Boards.
Remember that if your board is shared by multiple JIRA projects you also have to be a Project Administrator in all associated projects.
I would advise you to review the following doc which also has some insights surrounding the whole idea of Creating a Sprint:
Hope this helps!
Hi Ed,
let us know your outcome buddy, will be handy to have either way so others can learn
Darren
Ok I and administrator as well as a project administrator and nothing. The thing that fixed it was sorting by RANK. Not only sorting by rank but sorting by rank ascending must be in place... Not sure why it was designed that way, kinda doesn't make sense, but in the end that is what fixed it.
Thanks everyone for all your assistance,
Ed
This is the case, but did not fix the issue. I am an admin -- can't find the root cause.
I had the same problem. I created a new "Scrum Board" after which I am able to view the Create Sprint button.
Steps followed:
1. Go to the Project Backlog
2. From the right side, go to the top setting (...) and select Create Board
3. Select Create a Scrum Board -> Board from an existing project
4. Give it a name and hit next
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.