I've been testing out using Goals with my manager. He gets emails for the updates but we don't seem to be getting notifications when someone comments on a goal. This should work, correct?
Hi Todd - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Is your manager Following the Goal? Are they a "watcher" more or less (though goals do not use that terminology)?
Thank you!
We are both following the goal. I took a closer look today. Here is what happened:
- I posted an update
- My manager received the updated via email
- He didn't comment on my update, he posted another update
I didn't get an email about his update.
Is that expected?
No, I don't think that is expected. If your manager gets your update and both of you are following it, you should get his update.
Do you get other emails from Jira? Just trying to make sure something is not getting blocked.
Thank you for your help!
All my other Jira notifications are working fine. Comments, ticket updates, etc.
Here are my alert settings.
I also checked the notifications page and scrolled through all my notifications. I don't see anything for the goal update my manager posted.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.