In Sharepoint I have a list with Countries and per country the actual project numbers. In Jira I have a custom cascading field country (parent) and project (child). How can I copy the data from Sharepoint to the Jira field on a daily sheduled base. I am looking for an API but can't found it.
Hi Evert,
There’s no direct REST API dedicated to cascading field synchronization, but you can achieve this using the standard Jira Cloud REST API and a scheduled integration script or Power Automate flow from SharePoint.
Here’s how you can set it up:
Use the Jira REST API to update cascading fieldsEndpoint:
PUT /rest/api/3/issue/{issueIdOrKey}
Example payload for a cascading field (replace customfield_12345 with your actual field ID):
customfield_12345
{ "fields": { "customfield_12345": { "value": "CountryName", "child": { "value": "ProjectName" } } } }
You can find your field ID by visiting:Jira Settings → Issues → Custom fields → ... → View field details
Automate the data transfer from SharePoint
In Power Automate, create a daily scheduled flow.
Use the SharePoint “Get items” action to fetch your list data.
Then call the Jira REST API with an HTTP action, mapping “Country” and “Project” from SharePoint to the corresponding cascading field values.
AuthenticationUse Basic Auth with API token (or OAuth 2.0 if managed centrally).
Authorization: Basic base64(email:APIToken)
Jira Cloud REST API – Edit Issue
Microsoft Power Automate + Jira integration docs
If you’re managing multiple fields or large datasets, a middleware like Zapier, Make (Integromat), or n8n can make this process easier to maintain.
Hi Jason, Thanks for answering, I will try it in this way.
Regards.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.