Hi All,
As part of our automated process of continuous delivery, we would like to generate documentation for our product and publish it to confluence. I'm want to use a maven plugin, so this part of the process can be easily called by any team member or jenkins build. This is the plugin (see https://github.com/bsorrentino/maven-confluence-plugin ) This plugin is great for a java project, to keep documentation in sync with code. That can be a great tool for us and tech pub, our customer etc.
This use an API of confluence, xml rpc, that is deprecated for confluence 5.5 (see https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-rest-api/confluence-xml-rpc-and-soap-apis ) Quoting this page : The XML-RPC and SOAP APIs are deprecated since Confluence 5.5.
So first question, is this API available in our confluence server ?
I tried using the REST API https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-rest-api but I can only have successful read, no write. I was not able to create a document using my own user account/password in this API.
So second question, is there something preventing me to have write access through REST API ?
Do you see a solution to my problem of being able to automatically create document in confluence ? Maybe there is another way that you already know, or maybe this isn't allowed.
Thanks for taking a look!