In my project, I have create an issue type specifically for my Risk & Controls team to manage their book of work. The work items they create always relates to a specific Control. I have rules utilising the Scheduled trigger to automatically create new work items at set cadences. Everything is working fine but this setup means that I have many rules for each individual Controls. eg
Rule 1 - For Control 123 (create new work item monthly)
Rule 2 - For Control 456 (create new work item quarterly)
Rule 3 - For Control 789 (create new work item annually)
Now the team has created a dropdown field (called Frequency) to denote how often they need to revisit a given Control and I was wondering if there was a way to set one automation rule that will schedule the creation of future work items based on the frequency in the aforementioned dropdown field (regardless of which Control it is for). e.g.
Rule - When work item is created, if Issue type = Risk & Controls and Frequency = 1 month, then create a new work item (cloning all fields from current work item) at the 1st of each month.