Hello everyone,
I hope someone can help me with this issue. I’ve spent a lot of time trying to figure it out, so I decided to reach out to the Atlassian Community.
I built an automation to update a custom field on a linked issue in a Discovery Project whenever a custom field on the Discovery Project is updated or edited. My goal is for the same value added to the custom field on the Discovery Project to also be added to the custom field on the linked issue.
I should mention that both custom fields has the same name.
Discovery Product Project
"Quarterly Rank"customfield_11283
Linked Item
"Quartely Rank" customfield_11976
This is how I built the rule
==========================
I am getting the following error on the rule
We encountered multiple fields with the same name and type:
Quarterly Rank (com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:float)
Issues edited successfully
The error message says that there are multiple fields with the same name, but there aren’t. Even though the automation shows that the issue was edited, the value is not being added to the custom field on the linked item.
Can someone help me figure out how to make this work?
Thank you!