I am making a chatbot which can perform actions using Atlassian MCP. The current authentication atlassian uses dosent allow me to create a multi user chatbot experience. Is there a way to access the MCP by passing an OAuth token that I store in a database??
Hi @Sujan H
You can try this following steps:
Use the Atlassian Developer Console to register an OAuth 2.0 (3LO) integration application.
For refresh tokens, request the appropriate scopes, including offline_access.
Get tokens by completing OAuth authorization, then store them in your database.
To dynamically authenticate MCP requests for each user, use these OAuth tokens.
To maintain the validity of sessions, handle token refresh logic.
Also in addition you can refer the link:
https://support.atlassian.com/atlassian-rovo-mcp-server/docs/getting-started-with-the-atlassian-remote-mcp-server/
Hope this helps.
Hello Are there any news on this? I am attempting the same. I am able to retrieve a token via oauth2. However, using this token for https://mcp.atlassian.com/v1/mcp does not seem to work - I always get invalid_token response.
Hi Sujan - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I am marking Pallavi's answer as Accepted. Please let us know if you have more questions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.