I know there are many issues about this already and I read through SO MANY of them, and it still won't work.
BUT, whatever I try, I cannot get a csv file with Epics, Tasks, Stories, Bugs, and Subtasks to import the Subtasks.
I am an Admin and we are on the Standard plan.
- The csv was downloaded from JIRA, from a Team Managed software space
- I reordered the work items to have all the epics first, then the Tasks/StoriesBugs, and then the Subtasks
- I used the Spaces + Import Data functionality to upload the csv file
- Creating a new Space first and then importing doesn't work, because there is no option to map the Status from the csv to a field
- I set it up as a Company Managed Software Scrum space
- I mapped all relevant fields from the csv, including the Parent and Issue ID fields
- There was NO option to map Parent ID
- On the Work Item Type screen, all +1 and 0 level types were automatically mapped, but not the -1 level (Subtask), I mapped that manually
- The import was successful for all Work Item Types BUT Subtasks
Questions:
- Should I have grouped Work Items together in their hierarchy, immediately below each other? Ie row 1 = epic, row 2 = task, row 3 = subtask, then row 4 = new epic, row 5 = task, row 6 = subtask, etc.?
- Is the Parent field enough to link a Task and a Subtask? It seems to work for level +1 to level 0 items, but not one down.
- Can I import subtasks separately and link them to their parents that already exist in the Space now?
- If I create the Space first and then import (accepting I will lose the Status value), will that work?
Thank you so much - what a faff these Subtasks are!