I need to change the field type on a custom field from number field to text (aka it needs to accept alpha/numeric content). How can I do that?
Hi @Danielle Cantrell
You cannot, you have to create a new field. Then copy the data from the first field to the new one.
You can use automation to copy field value to the new field or if you have Scriptrunner the built-in script "Copy custom field values to another field"
Regards
This is not doable.
You will need to create a new custom field with the required field type, then you could do a bulk update via an autoamtion ruel or a csv import to update the related issues.
Hello @Danielle Cantrell ,
Unfortunately you can not change the field type directly. Only create a new field, but recommending with different name in order not to mix them up.
Regards,
Katja
Hey @Danielle Cantrell
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Change the Type of a Custom Field is logged as feature request, I would encourage you to visit the pages linked above and click the Vote and Watch links near the top right to show support for the feature. Doing this will ensure you are proactively informed of progress and updates going forward.
I hope this helps!
RegardsChitra Nagdeo
Thanks for the link @Chitra Nagdeo !
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.