Hi,
I'm working with the Jira Cloud REST API and looking for a way to fetch projects based on their names only, either partially or fully. I came across the following endpoint:
GET /rest/api/3/project/search
This endpoint accepts a query parameter, and while it does allow partial matching, it seems to return projects where the name or key matches the search string. However, in my use case, I need to filter strictly by project name — I want to exclude matches based on the project key.
So my questions are:
- Is there a way (via REST API) to filter projects by name only — for example, fetching only projects with names containing "Finance"?
- Does the query parameter in /rest/api/3/project/search support filtering only by name, or is it always name or key?
- If there’s no native support for name-only filtering, is the only workaround to fetch all projects (or query-filtered ones) and then filter by name manually on the client side?
Any guidance or known workarounds would be appreciated. Thanks!