Hello There !
I would to know how to copy production data into sandbox. the data must be anonymised.
Could you please let me know how to do it ?
Thanks
Guillaume
Hi @guillaume.baron ,
Thank you for the question.
I'm afraid Atlassian’s native sandbox clone is currently:
Copies configuration only (no data, unless you use automation or apps).
Does not anonymize data automatically.
So, if you want to anonymize data, you'll need to use a 3rd party tool, like CMJ (Configuration Manager for Jira app), from what I've investigated, that app may help you.
Appfire’s Configuration Manager for Jira (CMJ) is designed exactly for this.
It lets you clone configuration and data between Jira instances, with full control.
It has Data Anonymization features (via CMJ snapshots):
Replace user details with dummy values.
Mask issue fields.
Exclude comments, attachments, or history.
Please review the following documentation:
https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/copy-production-data-to-sandbox/
https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/manage-atlassian-sandboxes
https://appfire.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CMJC/pages/193725041/Overview
I hope it helps.
Thank you,Hector
Hello @guillaume.baron
I am curious, why would you like to anonymise the data? What is the use case here? There isn't an option for this, currently. You can apply data classification to determine what is classified and what is not: https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/manage-classification-levels/
Hello @Nikola Perisic ,
We are looking to avoid personal data in sandbox in order to comply with ISO 27001 - 8.31.
Does the solution is to classify all the fields and then we will be able to proceed ?
thanks
Hi @guillaume.baron
If you are willing to use a Marketplace App, you can try our app Deep Clone for Jira.
With its Instance Clone feature, you can freely clone projects (spaces) and/or work items between production and sandbox environment.
You can also use the Field Editor feature to redact data by clearing or editing while cloning, so the problematic data never arrives in your sandbox instance. You can also use Jira expressions to redact data that matches a regular expression.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.