I am on the free plan. I don't log in often, as I'm a solo developer. It appears that my previous projects were deleted. Is there any way to restore them?
Hi Brian - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
How long has it been since your last login? You should get email notifications warning you that the account will be suspended if you don't log in.
The warning @John Funk mentions is documented here:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/what-is-the-free-jira-cloud-plan/
Also here:
https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/track-storage-and-move-data-across-products/#Inactivity-on-Free-cloud-apps
The latter document also indicates data will be permanently deleted after a retention period expires. That period is 60 days for a free subscription.
If your subscription was deactivated more than 60 days ago, your data can't be recovered.
I'm unclear on this, the communication is just terrible. My subscription lapsed so I assumed I would just be put on the free tier. I received an email that said my information would be deleted in 7 days, that's it. No explanation, no wording that I could reactivate with activity, no confirmation that I was on the free tier, no links, nothing, literally just "The project will be permanently deleted in 7 days"
So what are we supposed to do to keep the free tier and keep our projects from being deleted?
If you don't even log into the instance for a long period, they will delete your instance. You should be getting emails warning you of losing access if you don't log in. They will NOT just downgrade you to free and leave it there forever.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.