As a Jira user, I want Jira to automatically create a link using the “Link work item” functionality (or prompt me to do so) whenever I mention another issue key in a comment. This would save time and reduce manual steps, as currently I have to both mention the issue in a comment and then separately use the “Link” feature to establish a relationship.
Acceptance Criteria:
When a user mentions another issue key (e.g., ABC-123) in a comment, Jira should:
Option 1: Automatically create a link between the two issues using the “Link work item” functionality.
Option 2: Prompt the user (e.g., via a pop-up or inline suggestion) to create a link after posting the comment.
The feature should respect user permissions and link types.
There should be an option to enable/disable this behavior per project or globally.
Business Value:
This feature would streamline workflows, reduce repetitive actions, and ensure better traceability between related issues.
(Rovo helped me check the existing requests and verified there is no a similar one open 🙌 )