UPDATE: I think I figured out my problem, so this post can be deleted. I'm always happy when it's user error! LOL
*****************************************************************
Using most current version of Jira.
I've created a simple dashboard with Filter Results gadgets. I minimize a gadget to help me move it around on the dashboard. Once I have it placed, I click Maximize to display its contents:

Instead, this is what I get. All my other gadgets disappear and only the minimized one remains:
When I click Maximize to see if it will display the contents, instead of showing the contents, it takes me back to a page where all my other gadgets are maximized, but this one is still minimized.
The same behavior happens in Edge and Chrome and I cannot install Firefox on this corporate machine. Again, these are all Filter Results gadgets. Never seen behavior like this in seven years of using Jira. Seeking a fix; thank you!