There have been a few discussions around the implementation of ITIL processes using JIRA, and I see there have been questions raised over the need for a CMDB solution.
I'm currently working on a project supporting ITIL processes in JIRA, where I personally find the solution supports our needs pretty well apart from the need for a CMDB system.
Some quick searching reveals there appear to be some comercial CMDB solutions including JIRA adapters out there, and one that caught my eye is Ralph.
Ralph’s CMDB module is an ITIL-related functionality. It enables you to manage infrastructure, and other components relations. It also lets you connect CIs with events, tasks and tickets that are assigned to them. With this module you can:
- focus not only on infrastructure but also on business processes,
- use layers and relations to bundle related components,
- integrate with external systems: monitoring, deployment, version management repository, ticketing tool, and others, keeping references between CIs and events.
Does anyone have experience using Ralph, and/or integrating Ralph into JIRA?