I am new to Agent + MCP, and was stuck in asking VS copilot Agent to create a Jira Test Issue Type with this error message:
Hi Queenie - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You will need to be a Jira Admin to create new Work Types.
Hello!
Sorry about the confusion - to clarify, I am not creating a new Work Type. Test work type already exists in our Project.
What I wanted to do is using the Agent to create an Issue (type = Test) and relate it to another existing issue (type = Story) using "relates to" or "tests"
However creating test issue a certain custom field is mandatory (customfield_12345) in our project workflow. I am struggling to find the right format to pass the customfield value.
Hope it clarifies the problem I'm having
Yes, that is helpful clarification. Can you provide the exact scenario/use case (step-by-step is best) and where the current process is breaking down?
I tried again seems like Atlassian resolved the custom field issue already. Test created, now trying to do the link..thanks for helping!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.