I'm going crazy trying to get an automation working. What I'd like to do is send ONE email that includes details for each Parent/Epic currently Open or In Progress, along with details for the Child tasks under each Parent.
Between Lookup actions, creating variables, and so on I feel like I've tried everything. And because of Jira's limitations with using variables outside of branches I keep running into the same issue, but I feel like I'm so close and there HAS to be a way to do this, right?
Ideally, the sections in the email would look like this for each Parent, with each issue key being linked to the issue:
ABC-001 Parent Epic One
ABC-002 Child Issue One, In Progress
ABC-003 Child Issue Two, Blocked
ABC-004 Child Issue Three, Open
ABC-005 Parent Epic Two
ABC-006 Child Issue One, Blocked
ABC-007 Child Issue Two, Blocked
etc, etc.
Here's the automation that got me the closest. In this one, the steps for creating the {{epicBlock}} variable would be completed, but then the automation would just stop after. No error codes in the audit log either. Up to that step, all the variables and lookups function as I expect them to. The advanced branching/rule group setup was only one of my many attempts to find a work-around, so if they're not necessary let me know.



