I created an issue status in:
Project -> Project settings -> Work types -> Tasks -> Edit Workflow (Top right) -> Add status - This is now where I added the status I want to delete.
How I deleted it:
I selected it in the workflow page where you drag and drop the statuses and then used the Delete status on the bottom right of the screen.
I look to delete the status under:
Jira -> Settings -> Gear icon (top right) -> Work items -> Work item attributes -> Statuses
*But I cant find it.
Note that:
1. The NEEDS REVIEW status you see is the screenshots below is a different one I intend to keep and use.
2. Also I cant find other custom statuses I am actually using under what I describe above and screenshot 2 below.
3. I can also still see the issue in the Add existing status fields after deleting it. Screenshot 1.
4. I am org admin so expect to have the rights.
5. I am on a free plan.
Could you kindly advise how I can find and delete the unwanted custom status? Thanks.
1.

2.