Hello Atlassian Developer Community,
I'm working on integrating the Atlassian remote MCP server with a custom application hosted on our domain, but I've encountered a significant roadblock with the OAuth authorization flow .
Problem Description
When attempting to complete the OAuth flow by redirecting users to the authorization endpoint, I consistently encounter this error message:
"The redirect URI is not allowed, the URL is not part of Atlassian whitelisted domains for registered MCP Clients. Redirect URI <our_domain_uri>"
Current Situation
Based on my research through community discussions and documentation, it seems the Atlassian remote MCP server maintains a restrictive domain whitelist that appears to support:
This explains why the integration functions correctly in my local development environment but fails when deployed to our production domain .
Key Questions
I'm hoping the community or Atlassian team can provide clarity on the following:
Domain Whitelist Expansion: Is there a process to request addition of custom domains to the Atlassian remote MCP server's redirect URI whitelist?
Future Roadmap: If custom domain whitelisting isn't currently supported, are there plans to implement this functionality? If so, what's the expected timeline?
Alternative Solutions: What workarounds exist for production deployments? For instance, is it feasible to self-host an Atlassian MCP server instance to bypass these restrictions?
Context
As an Atlassian customer, we're eager to incorporate the MCP server capabilities into our production workflows. Any insights, alternative approaches, or official guidance would be invaluable for moving forward with this integration .
Thank you for your expertise and support.