Hello,
I am really hoping someone can help because I am stumped! I was utilizing automation rules to obtain total issue counts from saved JQL search filters and then send those totals to my teams in slack. I had set up these automation rules utilizing the now deprecated search API call in Jira:
/rest/api/2/search
in the automation rule I would then create a variable using the smart value:
{{webResponse.body.total}}
as there was a total issue count returned in the json response. I was then able to send these totals in slack messages to my teams. Unfortunately when the API call was deprecated all my automation rules broke. I have been attempting to find a new API call that will provide the same result. This was the new API call I was able to find that I believe replaced the previous:
/rest/api/3/search/jql
and though it does return the issues from my JQL filter search it does not return the total count within the json response for me to extract as a variable in the automation rule.
As a heads up I have attempted to utilize the variable {{lookupIssues.size}} in the past but have not gotten my desired outcome. The API calls have been the best for my use case up until this point. If anyone has any suggestions on any other API calls or suggestions on if there is anything I could use in the Web request body to have that API call return it I'd really appreciate the help! Thank you so much