I'm creating Jira issues via the v2 RESTful API with a standard user account by using an API token. Everything works fine.
However, if I do the exact same thing with a service account, I get "You don't have permission to create issue in this project".
- The only thing I changed in the code is the user e-mail and API token (from the standard users' to that of the service account).
- I've configured the service account's in the exact same way: same app access, same user groups. The user groups give it access to a project with the Developers and Users roles.
- I created the API token with all Jira classic scopes selected (I want to use granular scopes, and that's what I attempted previously, but I just want to make sure that there's no problem here).
So as far as I understand, this should just work. The standard and service accounts have the same accesses, yet while the standard one works, the service one doesn't. Can somebody provide any hints? Thank you!