I'm at my wits' end here. This must be f'ing doable but I can't for the life of me figure out how. So, please let me know if I'm asking for something impossible or unreasonable.
The title says it all: I have one specific project (my company's JIRA has many projects like, but this is mine). I'm getting a third party vendor to help out with some of the tickets (or work items as they're called now). All I want is to be able to have these vendor people sign in, and then only have access to very specific work items. Either I assign these to them, or I set up some work item security, etc.
But here's the thing: I can't get it to work. All the work item security/project settings/group access settings/whathaveyounot have been fiddled with, and I can't get it done. My external guest account (hotmail account) can still access all the tickets and browse all the projects. I've tried setting up a very specific group for the vendor users, I've tried removing the test account from all sorts of groups that are listed under permissions to browse etc.
Sure I can't be the first person in the history of JIRA to have this use case?! Wtf am I doing wrong here? Which setting am I missing, what obvious thing is going right over my head?
TL;dr: I just need to be able to give access to external vendor accounts on very specific tickets in one specific project. That's it. Please help!