I maintain a database of a list of policies and procedures. The columns indicate last edited date, edited by whom, last approver date, approved by whom, etc. which I will refer to metadata. I update this database manually when my documents are updated and approved.
I am able to get the row of metadata to appear in my confluence policy or procedure document, but the database reference isn't included in the export when I export to PDF or word.
I need this metadata to appear in the export for audit purposes. Can anyone suggest a native way to do this? Is a database the wrong method to maintain the metadata? Do I have to manually create a document change log at the end of each document and then maintain the metadata manually in both places. We recently moved from Monday.com to Confluence and Monday.com did this fairly easily with board and row references. Can I use the version history instead of the database? Any help or guidance with this would be appreciated.