All of my issues visible via the method which https://pm.stackexchange.com/questions/35810/how-can-i-view-all-of-the-tickets-that-i-have-filed-in-jira#comment45289_35811 describes (currently, https://moodle.atlassian.net/browse/MNET-89 and https://moodle.atlassian.net/browse/MDL-85265) lack the option to enter the source editor when modifying the post, and when adding comments. Because at least one of my issues utilises markup that cannot be achieved via the WYSIWYG editor, how can I modify it?
I was able to access it before the transition to Cloud.
At https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-questions/Re-Re-Where-is-the-source-in-the-description-editor/qaq-p/3115862/comment-id/1149445#M1149445, I was advised to post a separate question about this, rather than ask at existent threads.
Hello @Mr_ Beedell_ Roke Julian Lockhart _RJLB_
Can you provide some screen images to help illustrate your scenario? Can you provide more details about the markup that you want to use?
How exactly did you access the feature prior to your transition to the Cloud product?
Atlassian's Cloud products are not designed to offer the exact same capabilities and user experience as the Data Center products, so features you accessed in the Data Center version may simply not be available in the Cloud version.
In Jira there have been a few different text editing/rendering capabilities available for Paragraph/multi-line text fields. However, in Jira Cloud Atlassian recently decided to limit the editor for such fields to just one editor/renderer type as detailed in this article:
We’re removing the default text renderer in Jira
@Trudy P Claspill, that's the best information about at least a similar problem that I've seen thus far; thanks. However, its phrasal is very corporate: what's a “plain text renderer”? I ask because all markup is inherently text/plain, so all renderers render plain text...
text/plain
What I am looking for is a way to enter plain markup text that is rendered thereafter, like what the “HTML” tab in this editor (link_0_821d4573651bc4_0) provides.
link_0_821d4573651bc4_0
Can you provide some screen images to help illustrate your scenario? Can you provide more details about the markup that you want to use?How exactly did you access the feature prior to your transition to the Cloud product?
An example of where the desired editor remains available is https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-136715#descriptionmodule_heading:~:text=Description:
Thank you for the screen images. I see now that what you are looking for is the option to switch between the Visual editor and the Text editor when editing the Description field.
The Visual editor would show you the rendered version of the content, while the Text editor shows you the plain text/markup code for the content.
My reference to the article about Renderers is not specifically relevant to that.
I don't see any option available in the UI to support directly editing the markup code in the field. I did find a Suggestion in Atlassian's public backlog to which you can add your vote.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72631
@Trudy P Claspill, thank you! So that I can understand what's changed, is this a regression from JIRA Server to Cloud? The available software, and its versions, are rather labyrinthine, so I don't even understand how it suddenly disappeared from solely Moodle's instance, but not Qt's.
Additionally, I want to accept your most recent comment as the answer (like I can on GitHub Discussions and Discourse). However, I don't appear to be able: do I need to repost that URI as a top-level response? (If so, that's worth a ticket, too!)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.