My connected email account's password changed. How do I change it in JSM?
Hi Drew!
If your email account password has changed, you’ll need to update the credentials in the email channel configuration inside Jira Service Management so that incoming requests keep flowing. Here’s how:
Go to your project settings in JSM.
Under Channels, select Email requests.
Locate the connected email account you’re using.
Edit the connection details and update the password (or re-authenticate if it’s OAuth-based, like Gmail/Outlook).
Save and test the connection to make sure new requests come in properly.
If you’re using Gmail or Outlook, Atlassian recommends OAuth instead of basic passwords — that way you don’t need to worry about password changes breaking the integration.
Once you update the connection, everything should work as before.
Hope that helps! If so, please, upvote my answer. Best! 🚀
It doesn't look like I have the option to update the password or re-authenticate. This is what I see when I click on the "meatballs" menu at the end of the connection. Is the only option to delete and re-add the connection?
Seeing the same problem. 😢
@Antonio Rodríguez [Deiser], can you please follow up on this internally?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.