Hi,
I created a custom field, single picker of version, and I would like to fitler only some version, through a RegExp/JQL filter.
It sounds like possible but cannot be configured.
Do you know hos can I manage that ?
Hi @Florian G_,
If I have understood your query right, you are asking to create a JQL for the single select custom field that you made for only specific values. Is that correct?, if so, please ensure below steps are followed.
Step1: Configured the custom field.
Step 2: Map the custom field on the screen design
Step 3: Choose a project and update the newly created custom field for a few tickets.
Step 4: Type in the JQL below
Hope this helps!
AJ
Hi, thank you for your quick reply !
I forgot to mention that in the first step you share, I've created a version custom field (with a single version selector), not a Select List.
And I want this custom version field to display only versions' name beginning with `project_1-*` for instance, so users cannot add other versions existing on my Jira project.
But this filter, sounds impossible in reality (see blue arrows on my screenshots above).
Do you know ow to solve it ?
Best
Thank you for sharing the detailed context. I found 2 threads related to your query.
Custom-Field-with-only-Serial-Numbers
How-to-validate-a-custom-field-using-Regular-Expression-in-Jira
Thank you for sharing this, interesting thing I found is about transition validation on workflows configuration. I have created a rule to match to valdiate my version field when creating an issue.
I guess I will use an automation to handle the change of this field outside the issue creation
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.