Hello all.
I'm integrating JIRA to my companies web apps, and have encountered an issue regarding Creating an Issue.
I had created a test project in order to play around with Creating issues, which works perfectly (which also helped with getting the code set up so I can use it for multiple projects within the Companies JIRA systems). Demoed and tested with RestSharp and Blazor, and have confirmed them to work without any issue. I've then migrated the code to a new webapp and have been getting it setup to point to the company issued JIRA system (the system name, project key, admin username and admin api token) I was provided.
The Gets all work fine. My code retrieves the issue types, projects, users etc so it can be expanded to work in multiple projects. But when it tries to Create the issue itself, it refuses.
Postman says that "Invalid request payload. Refer to the REST API documentation and try again".
I've stripped down the call to the minimum (Project Id, IssueType Id and a Summary). This is the RAW Json I'm posting.
{"fields":{
"project":{"id":"10001"},
"issuetype":{"id":10009},
"summary":"TESTING"
}}I've confirmed that it works on my local project, but trying it on my company project results in the same issue regarding Invalid Request Payload. I'm pretty certain it's not an issue with how I'm sending the data, as it works on my local project that I had created. Both projects are set up to use the Admin API key with an Admin user, so it's not an issue with Scopes either.
It could be how it's been setup, or maybe the Administrator of the project set some other property as required and haven't told me.
Is there anything else I can try? Or is this something the IT Admin has to take a look at.