I've been using the Atlassian Jira API's for years to generate reports for my development team. Last week the API's stopped working. It looks like API v2 was deprecated and I don't see an API v3 that gives us what we need. I'm trying to get a list of all issues assigned to a version in Jira.
Hi @Chris Raver
Please try using the v3 work item search endpoint with JQL for your version, and adding the field you want in the results:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-search/#api-rest-api-3-search-jql-get
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @Chris Raver ,
In the last days Atlassian has switched off some rest API, mainly for searching work types.
You can find the new API for search by jql here: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-search/#api-rest-api-3-search-jql-get
Kind regards
I've tried using the search API and can't seem to get issues by fixVersion. I either get a 400 or 410 response. This API change is so frustrating and if I can't get our reports working again this weekend I'll be migrating away from Atlassian next week.
I haven't been able to get a list of issues by fixVersion using the jql search api.
I recommend first writing an example JQL expression with a sample Fix Version to confirm it works as expected inside of Jira. Then try that as a hardcoded JQL to confirm the call works for the endpoint. Finally, improve that to use a dynamic JQL with your versions.
I haven't found a screen in Jira where I can filter by fixVersion. There are a few screens that return a list of items but those don't filter by fixVersion and don't use their API's to return the list of issues.
I’ve run into the same issue. After migrating to the v3 API, I also had to rewrite the Jira search paging module since it previously relied on start, end, and maxResults. The new Search API no longer supports those parameters, so I had to adjust the logic accordingly. Not sure if this helps, but thought I’d share.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.